29 April 2019
There is a simple set of rules to follow that, in my experience, almost guarantee you business success. Of course, every single startup is completely different, but in my experience there are certain things that you can do to massively amplify your odds of success.
In this episode of the podcast I answer a series of questions from business people about growing beyond the startup stage. It starts with what happens when you stop thinking of yourself as a startup. I can tell you one thing for sure, in my opinion when you stop thinking of yourself as a startup is when you start to fail.
That’s a bold statement. However, consider this: when you’re a startup you never rest on your laurels, you are innovative, you always keep your eye on the ball. When you see the start of success, it’s all too easy to sit back and celebrate. You then quickly lose momentum.
I also talk about those moments when you feel like you have no idea what you’re doing. As the head of a business, how do you navigate that? For me, it’s simple. You hire people who are better than you!
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- What happens when you stop thinking of yourself as a startup and how to navigate that change.
- Knowing your strengths and weaknesses
- How you can learn from the stupidest thing I have ever done
- Why every penny that you spend on yourself that could be spent on a customer is a penny wasted.
- Why you must remember the rainy days when the sun is shining.
Host: Lawrence Jones MBE
Listening time: 30 mins
Listen now on iTunes – click here to subscribe
Follow my blog and daily inspiration on Twitter
Download MP3 Back to Podcasts